Friday, April 23, 2010

Small Composition Notebook and Pen

Okay now don't get too excited....this is retired paper, but I had some left over and just enough to cover several of these small sized composition books. I also thought it would be perfect to put a little paper inside the pen to coordinate.

To start this project I measured my notebook and started with the base color. I then layer from there. I am usually inspired by my layers to add brads and ribbons at the end.

With these notebooks I did package them in a cute bag tied with a ribbon. That way it is ready to give as a gift. I think it is so important to take the time to make a gift you are giving your personal touch. Let's just say a grocery bag is not really that personl (unless you have decorated it!). Even as simple as taking the notebook and pen and tieing a big bow around both of them would be great! It is the little things in life that mean so much to us or at least to me.

Those small touches are always meaningful. I had someone tell me the other day that they would rather receieve a homemade gift that cost the person $5 to make rather than a gift card or really expensive gift. I have to agree with her. All the thought that goes into a homemade gift is always wonderful! That is why I have so much fun making homemade gifts with my stamping and knitting skills. It is a gift that God gave to me and I am able to share it by making things for others!

Well, I guess I went on and on today. :) I hope you enjoyed this simple gift idea. Have a wonderful day!

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you." John 14:2

No comments: