Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Going Green

Well Stampers I am off again! I am going on a trip with my mother-in-law, her sister Cheryl, and Cheryl's friend. We will be knitting our days away. We have a lot planned, but it all has to do with knitting. I hope I have some great projects to share with you when I return.

I just wanted to let you know that my blog will be updating, but I will not have full internet access...so if you need me just way a few days and I will get back to you or give me a call.

Today I wanted to share with you how Stampin' Up is going green. I have copied and pasted the next part from my January 2009 Stampin' Success.

Rubber
Rather than dumping our excess rubber in a landfill, we donate it
to Courage Reins, a nonprofit organization that provides horseback
riding therapy for physically or mentally challenged children. They
take our ground rubber and sell it to groups and individuals for use
in playgrounds and horse stables. The money they receive from the
sale of this rubber goes to fund their programs. You can find more
information about Courage Reins at www.couragereins.org.

Wood Blocks
Our wood blocks are not only created from a renewable resource,
we engage in a sustainable practice to get those wood blocks. We
work with a tree farm in which the maple trees are grown specifically
for the purpose of harvesting wood!

Paper
You’re probably already aware that the paper we use for shipping is
100 percent recycled. But did you know that our card stock includes
recycled material? It’s true! Our card stock includes recycled paper
that’s left over from other paper runs, which would otherwise end
up in a landfill. The darker the color of card stock, the more recycled
material is in the card stock. (Who would have thought that Basic
Black was our greenest color?)

Isn't it great knowing that SU is helping the environment. Just another great reason to support SU and what they are doing to help us be creative.

Thanks for stopping by today! Go be green in your world! Britni :)

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1

No comments: