Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Knitting Crazy

The winner of my contest is.....Julia!!! Congrats, Julia. I will give you your prize on Saturday at my Make and Take.

If you haven't signed up for my Make and Take yet there is still time. You get to make four cards and two coasters for $10. RSVP today!!!

Well, Hello Stampers! I am back from my trip. Let's just say I had a blast. I stayed up a lot later than I have in years! We had way too much chocolate and lots of laughs! I will share with you some of the projects I got completed eventually or just ask next time you see me. I am very motivated to keep on knitting.

On to the sample for today. Today's sample is all retired materials except for the (ribbon and twine), but the idea is still great. I wanted to give all the ladies a gift when we got there, but I wanted to make it useful. I decided to make them post-it note holders.

I first cut out the thin cardboard that comes in the back of our DSP into the correct size. I scored it and folded the edge so that there was a rectangle. I then covered each side with our beautiful DSP (Designer Series Paper). I borrowed this great stamp set from my mom and I knew it was perfect beause it had the yarn and knitting needles in it.

As you can see I then added a pack of post-it notes inside. They girls were so excited and we all used ours at some point to take notes, write down patterns, etc.

Good luck in finding somethings useful for a gift or just take my idea! Have fun with it and the person will love it!


Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." Deuteronomy 6:4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Britni, that was a great idea for your gift to your fellow knitter's! You are always coming up with something neat handmade by you!
Crystal