Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Measuring Love

Check it out! I love how this card turned out. This stamp set called, Totally Tool is the best set for most of the men in your life (at least those that know how to use tools).

With this card I carefully picked out earth tone colors that I thought would work for a man's card. The colors I ended up with were Garden Green, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, and Ruby Red.

I also used the spiral punch to add a little to this card. What I think really makes the card is the background. I first used my brayer to apply the ink to the Sanded background stamp. I then ran that paper through my Big Shot using my texture plates.

To top the whole card off I then stamped the words at the bottom of my card. I think this will make a great Father's Day card. Good thing he doesn't look at my blog or all the surprise would be gone!

For this set, I cut the words and the images apart so that it is easier to just the image or just the words. This makes the set a double mounted set, but I feel that it works best this way.

I can't wait to see what else I can do with this set, maybe it will get me started on that farm scrapbook Justin wants me to work on.

I hope this gets you thinking about your Father's Day cards. Have fun!

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"As it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one." Romans 3:10

No comments: