Monday, January 11, 2010

Flowers! Flowers!

Want to make some of these? This is what you will need: Big Shot, Big Shot Flower Folds Die, Fabric (I wish SU sold fabric!), hot glue gun, buttons, and pins for the back.

WOW! What a ton of fun it was to make these with my Mom. I saw this idea on a couple of other blogs and I just knew I wanted to make some for myself. I spent an evening coordinating fabric (I just used scraps I had) and then I cut all the flowers out. You need four different fabrics and then to cut each size flower out of each fabric. I had the flowers all ready and took them over to my Mom's house. She helped me hot glue all these together. We sure were happy when we were done, but we also had beautiful flowers to look at.

These would be great on top of a package, wear on your winter coat, use as a shawl/scarf pin. I just love how the layers of fabric just give it some dimension.

Now for the buttons...we used SU buttons. We layered some and left others just as one. I think they all turned out very nicely.

Let me know if you have any questions. If you are really interested in making some of these watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/justasip#p/u/3/8grlYIX5N5Y
This video shows you what pieces you need and how to put them all together. It is really great!

I hope you have enjoyed my project today. I sure love my flowers!

Happy Flower Making! Britni :)

"You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever." Psalm 16:11

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Love it! What a fun project to do with your mom!

Anonymous said...

Britni,
The flowers are beautiful - love the colors. Heard you were going to make more soon!!
Love, A.Bon