Thursday, October 16, 2008

BOO! Did I scare you?

Hello again! This is a very exciting post for me because I had a lot of fun making this project. I saw this project in one of the many places that I get my ideas, but when I went back to find where I saw it I could not find it. So, the original idea was not mine, but I did design this one all on my own!

My Boo sign is made using coasters! Coasters are thicker like chipboard so they are great for many projects. I then used Modge Podge to glue on the Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper (DSP). (I rounded the corners of the paper before I glued them on using my corner rounder punch.) I used my Serif Essentials Alphabet and cut out the letters using the same DSP on my Big Shot! I placed the letters on the coasters and realized that it needed more. I then decided to use the bat, owl, and cat found in the Halloween Frights set (Holiday Mini Catalog). I then glued the letters and the images on using Modge Podge. The last step was to punch holes in the coasters using the Crop-A-Dile and then using the same tool to set the Jumbo Eyelets. I used Black Twine to connect the coasters and give them something to hang from. I like this so much that I can't decide if I should leave it at home or take it to school. I know the kids would really like this!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and check on my blog. I really hope you are enjoying my posts!

Happy Stamping!

Britni :)

"God made Him who had no sin to be sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Corinthians 5:21

2 comments:

Georgia said...

I LOVE IT!!! This is an idea I'm going to case for sure! Good Job!

Anonymous said...

I love the bookmark. We need to make some more.

Love,
Mom:)