Monday, November 3, 2008

Catalog Re-make

Hello Stampers! I had a lot of fun making this card. The colors of this card are just so beautiful together.

Open up your Stampin' Up Idea Book and Catalog, turn to page 31, and check out the card on that page. I saw this card and I wanted to re-make it (basically the same, but with a few personal touches).

For this card the base was Really Rust. I then used Chocolate Chip and So Saffron just like they did in the catalog. I had to change the Mellow Moss to Always Artichoke because I did not have any Mellow Moss. I think the Always Artichoke looks just as good. The other big change I made was on the So Saffron, I used my Aqua Painter to paint on some Chocolate Chip marks which gave the card a different texture. I also used a different brad.

I wanted to show you that your catalog is a great resource for some wonderful ideas - cards, 3-D projects, and scrapbook pages. Even if you don't have this stamp set you could use this layout for another stamp set. For a stamp set that you do have you can see what ideas the catalog has and re-make those cards. You can always put your personal touch to any card or project.

If you would like a catalog ($10.00) please contact me. I do also have some old catalogs if you would like to purchase one for $5.00.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Don't forget that you can get to my Stampin' Up website by the link on the right side of this page.

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple." Psalm 19:7

No comments: