Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November Decorating!

Hello Stampers! As I have said before, I have been thinking about my Thanksgiving decorations. I have lots of ideas, but I need to get started on them. I saw this very cute pumpkin idea in several places. I watched a video on how to make it and I saw how easy it was to make.

I used Autumn Vine Designer Series Paper (Mini Catalog). I cut strips of paper that were 8 1/2 X 1 for the large pumpkin and 5 1/2 X 1 for the smaller pumpkin. I then used my Crop-A-Dile to punch holes in each end of the strips (all at the same time). I placed a brad at one end of the ribbon and then strung the ribbon through all the holes. The brad then stayed on the bottom of the pumpkin so that it would sit flat. I took the ribbon through the other end of the paper through the holes, spread out the paper, and tied the ribbon on top to look like a stem. For the smaller pumpkin I used Natural Twine rather than ribbon. If you would like the pumpkin to be fuller then just add more strips of paper.

If you would like more directions or to see the video I watched today let me know. These are very fun, quick, and easy to make. They make great decorations for any dinner table.

Thanks for stopping by to take a minute to see my creative idea for today.

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cute idea. What are you doing posting at 4AM!