Saturday, November 29, 2008

Western Wishes

Here is a basic card that could easily be changed to work with the stamp sets and paper you have. I made this card around the words. I love this set, Heard From the Heart. The sayings are really versatile and can be used for many different occasions. When I was done making this card it ended up looking a little western to me. The colors together looked rugged, blue jean, and dirty (as in dirt on the boots) to me. I used Pacific Point, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Creamy Caramel. I find myself using Old Olive and Chocolate Chip a lot. Are there any colors that you use a lot?

For the background I used my wheel, Whimsy that coordinates with Garden Whimsy. The great thing about wheels is that they can also be very versatile. It is easy to mix and match them with sets that they were not originally with. Wheels make great background stamps!

I added some silver brads from the Vintage Brads collection to just add another element to the card.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I try to give you a mix of holiday and general cards. I don't want you to get tired of the same thing over and over.

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"Praise Him, all His angels, praise Him, all His heavenly hosts." Psalm 148:2

No comments: