Friday, November 28, 2008

He's a Cool Dude!

This card turned out even better than I thought it would. I saw a card idea using the Real Red, Basic Black, and Kraft. I tried to do the same, but it just wasn't right. I changed the Kraft to Whisper White and wow the difference it made. The white made the Real Red literally pop off the paper. It looked great!

This stamp set is Two Cool Dudes. It is a great set to use all winter long. I love that it could be used as a Christmas card, but then you could continue to use it long after the holiday season is over. I stamped a snowflake from this set using the Real Red on the Real Red. I then layered all the colors and stamped the large snowman on the Whisper White. I colored in his buttons, eyes, and mouth using my Basic Black journaler and I also used Only Orange to make his nose orange.

For the words on the bottom I used the Best Yet (hostess level one), thanks mom for letting me borrow both stamp sets. It really pays to have a mom that loves to do this, too. We are always sharing our sets! I used my circle punches around the words.

I know some of you will be out shopping today and won't have any time to be checking my blog. I hope you are getting your Christmas cards done and ready to be mailed. Let me know if you need anymore supplies. Also, don't forget about the great SALE!

Happy Stamping, Shopping, Creating, Wrapping....oh the holiday season is upon us!

Britni :)

"Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise Him in the heights above." Psalm 148:1

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I absolutley love this card! So vibrant in red!