Friday, November 21, 2008

Chipboard Journal

This is a great gift idea! As I have mentioned before I go to a meeting every three months with lots of other SU demonstrators. We have a great time and learn a lot from each other. Some of the ladies got to make this great journal and I wanted to share this idea with you. I have started thinking about Christmas and I love giving home-made gifts.

This journal was made by Julie, the leader of our group. She used the Chipboard Journal that comes in two different sizes in the regular catalog. She then used the Inspired By Nature stamp set to stamp on the bottom of the journal (I love this stamp set!!!). She used Hawaii Papaya Designer Series Paper along the edge and on the letter. She used part of the Top Note (Big Shot Die) in Chocolate chip to place the letter on, which is also a Big Shot Die. Then using the Crop-A-Dile she punched a hole in the journal and using the same tool set the Jumbo Eyelet. Isn't that great you can use the same tool for both?

I love the ribbon through the eyelet and a few on the spiral. It just ties it all together. I plan on making some of these journals myself, I just have not gotten around to it.

Let me know if you have seen other great ideas of ways to embellish journals.

Thanks for checking out my idea today. Have a great day being creative!

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"Then Jesus said, come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavey burdens, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

No comments: