Friday, November 14, 2008

Glitter Quilts

Stampers, here is a great way to incorporate two different types of crafts. I love to look at and I would eventually love to make quilts. This is a craft that my grandmother is in the process of teaching me. I learned how to sew on a sewing machine, but now it is time to do something a little more complicated. Well, while I wait for that time I thought I could make some paper quilts. One of my fellow demonstrators, Kathy, had made a quilt card for a card swap and I loved it. I knew I wanted to make one similar. It only took me several months to get it done, but here it is.

I used Holiday Treasure Designer Series Paper for the quilt squares. You can make the squares any size according to how big you want your card. Then all you have to do is cut the square in half and flip on to the opposite side. For this card I coordinated the Old Olive and Chocolate Chip that went with the DSP. I then also added some snowflakes to make it look more like a Christmas card. I knew the snowflakes could use some glitter, so I made my mom proud, and used some glitter. I am not a big fan of glitter because it makes such a mess, but it does make the card look great! The picture below is a close up of another version of the card that I did. You can see the glitter on the snowflake in this picture.

Also, on the bottom of each card I used the stamp set Heard From the Heart.

Have fun making paper quilts and if you come up with some other designs please share them with me. That would be a good challenge for me to do. I have a lot of different paper and I could mix and match them to make a quilt. Good luck and please share your ideas.

And the winner is......drum roll please: Leanne!!!

Thank you for checking in today. Have a great day! Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"You love Him even though you have never seen Him. Though you do not see Him, you trust Him; and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy." 1 Peter 1:8

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Leanne!

Anonymous said...

Britni,
Be sure to show this card to Mom. She has been checking out your blog too!
Love, Aunt Bonnie

Jennifer said...

I made this one last night. A Christmas card for the quilter in the family...my mom and dad.