Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Cardinal

Here is my Christmas Cardinal that will be used for some Christmas gifts this year. I actually love how it turned out and I thought about going back and getting another frame to make myself one.

I simply went to Wal-Mart and bought a nice, rich looking dark brown frame. I then stamped my Cardinal (after I got home-of course) from the A Cardinal Christmas stamp set from the Mini Catalog on Naturals Ivory paper. I colored my Cardinal in using the small tip of my markers. The colors I used were Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, and Old Olive. I tied a small piece of the Red Twine on the bottom of the Cardinal to give it some texture. Then I placed the Cardinal onto a Chocolate Chip piece of paper. Then for the background I used Ruby Red to really bring out the red in the Cardinal. Sorry the picture has a shadow on it...this is an earlier picture and I am getting better at taking pictures. Now, I did think about just stopping there, but I thought it needed something else. So...using the Cream frame around the Cardinal that came with the frame I stamped the other stamp that comes with the cardinal. I stamped it in Old Olive and then went back and colored in some of the berries. I was very happy with the results of my project and I love that this could be left out all winter long and it is not just a Christmas piece.

What stamp sets do you have that you could make into a beautiful picture, place into a frame, and give as a gift. Really think about what you have and check out our catalog. We have some really great detailed stamps that worked really well for projects like this. It takes some time, but it is worth it because the person receiving the gift will really enjoy it.

Happy Creating and Stamping! Britni :)

"I will sing a new song to You, O God; on the ten-stringed lyre I will make music to You." Psalm 144:9

No comments: