Saturday, November 8, 2008

Scallop Circle Magnets

Gifts, Gifts, Gifts... I have gifts on the mind this week. I am really trying to get started on Christmas shopping and I guess I want to help you, too. This was an idea that I came up with on my own (I know it is probably out there somewhere, but I designed this one without seeing something else). I needed a quick, cute, and easy gift to give to the ladies coming to my second Christmas Card Make and Take. I love to say thank you with a small gift.

For this I made magnets! I used my Scallop Circle Punch, my 1 3/8" Circle punch and my 1"
Circle punch. I did get some help from my assistant for this project (Thanks MOM!)

We each stamped two different images from the Bitty Basics (hostess level one set) , so there were four in all using coordinating colors. We then colored them in using the blender pens for a muted look.

To attach the magnets I used sticky strip so that it would be strong enough to hold it to the paper and wouldn't fall off.

Then I couldn't just give them to them without packaging so I used my Big Shot to help me. I know when I first saw the Big Shot I didn't think I needed one, but I have used it so many times for quick packaging and cards. I used the Scallop Circle in Craft to cut out a topper for the small bags. My mom then stamped the different snowflakes on the topper. We added a little ribbon to tie it shut.

You can make magnets for different occasions or make them general so they can have them on their fridge, filing cabinet, etc year round.

Thank you for stopping by. If you have any great home-made gift ideas please leave me a comment. I would love to know or see what you are working on for this holiday season.

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly." Psalm 5:3

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a fabulous idea. I can't wait to put magnets on my list to get. Guess I need to go shopping.