Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sock Monkey

Oh how I love the Sock Monkey!!! When I saw this guy I knew I had to have him. This was the first card I made using this set and it was all on my own. I love when I am able to just sit and create.

For this card I used Summer Sun for the base of the card. I then used Close to Cocoa and Ruby Red to layer behind the monkey. I stamped the monkey using Chocolate Chip and then colored him in with Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel. I also used the writing end of the Ruby Red marker to make small dots on the darker part. For the banana I used Chocolate Chip to stamp it and then I colored the peel using Summer Sun. I cut it out and placed it in his hand with a dimensional. You can barely see it but I used VersaMark with the bananas on the Summer Sun. I then punched two small holes so that I could add some Natural Twine. On the inside of the card I stamped a banana and "Thanks a bunch."

I am currently working on a sock monkey of my own to give as a Christmas present. If I ever get that done I will share that with you.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed your visit. Come back again!

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

No comments: