Saturday, January 3, 2009

Inspiration!

Hello Stampers! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Today's sample was inspired by a card that I received in the mail from my friend and upline, Georgia. I was designing some cards for a craft day with my aunts and Grandma. I loved the simple layering of the Top Note. I also thought that the embossing on Georgia's card really topped it off. it made her words just pop.

For my card, I wanted to keep it simple and quick so I didn't use the embossing. For my card I used the stars from the stamp set Starstruck, which is retiring. This set works great with Build-A-Brads, too. I used VersaMark for the stars on the background, Taken with Teal and the Rose Red. For the Top Note I used my Big Shot to cut out one in each color, So Saffron and Rose Red. I then trimmed the Rose Red along the dotted edge that is already there. It makes the process very easy. I then used my Heard From the Heart stamp set to stamp my message. I have found that in the last 6 months I have really used this stamp set a lot. It is very versatile and if you don't have it, it would be a good one to have on your wish list.

If you have any questions about either card please ask. Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world." John 1:9

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Britni, Love the embossing on that New Year card! I am going to have to get my heat tool out of the box and give it a try! The stamps used have also peaked my interest!
Thanks for sharing all your ideas!

Crystal