Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Inspired By Nature Framed Art

Oh, I love feeling like an artist. I think that is what I love so much about stamping. I have always wanted to be good at Art, but I'm not talented at drawing, painting, etc. So, when I discovered that with stamping I could produce beautiful pieces I was very excited. This was something that made me feel like an artist.

For this project I dug out a frame that I had in my cupboard ever since I moved in and I know it lived under my bed years before that.

The first step I did was to color my flowers using Not Quite Navy, Garden Green, and Chocolate Chip. I stamped them on the Whisper White. I then decided that it needed a little more so I used Old Olive to stamp some grass with the flowers. I then layered the flowers on Chocolate Chip and some Prestwick Designer Series Paper, don't forget that if you want some of this paper, it might be gone when the new catalog comes out so get it while you still can.

For the frame around the picture I wanted to make it coordinate a little better because it was more of a cream color rather than white. So, I used my Stamping Sponges to sponge all the colors onto the frame that I used in the flower picture. Then I wanted to add some words so I stamped the words, framed it, and then added it to the sponged area.

You could make something just as beautiful as this. Just take some time to create and make yourself an artist!

Happy Creating! Britni :)

"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to get that stamp set! I always like anything that is created with it. What a neat frame and picture!
~Pam