Friday, January 2, 2009

Love Banner

Happy New Year, again! I just wanted to tell you that all again! I hope you all had a wonderful 2008, but are ready for 2009.

Well, I wanted to show you how I spent the first day of the new year. Justin and I spent the night at my friend and upline, Georgia and Rocky's house. We had a blast playing games and eating popcorn (yum). Well, the next day we woke up and Georgia thought it would be a good idea to get crafty and you know me...I'm not going to turn her down. So, off we went to the fabric store. We picked out some really great Valentine's day fabric and got to work.

When we got back to her house we got out her Big Shot! Yes, the Big Shot will cut through fabric. We were able to cut out pennants, scallop circles, and letters all using the Big Shot. Then the big question came...should we sew or glue? Well, we decided to glue.

As you can see we did a lot of layering and I am happy that we did. Our original idea was a lot different from what we ended up with. Georgia and I chose to make each of our banners a little different. I wanted the extra hearts so I used the pink scallop circle with hearts and she wanted the red to layer. We connected our pennants using more of the small scallop circles and to tie all of our colors together we coordinated those with the ones we placed at the bottom.

What better way to spend the first day of the new year. We had a lot of fun creating!

I hope you enjoyed what we created. This is just yet another great project you can make using the Big Shot. Don't forget....you can always host a Big Shot party at your house and projects like this and many others would be featured. You would even get to keep some of them!

Happy Creating! Britni :)

"We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The banner turned out beautiful!
Good job!!
Love,
Mom:)

Unknown said...

Cute!