Thursday, January 1, 2009

Flower Bookmarks

Happy New Year! Wow, another year has gone by and so much has happened. I pray you all had a wonderful year and that the year to come will be even better. I thank all of you for coming along on my new stamping journey. I have really had a great time and it is even better getting to know old friends better and getting to know brand new friends! Thank You!

To start the new year I would like to show you some bookmarks I made using some of our great In-Colors ribbon. For these bookmarks I used the Pink Pirouette and the Kiwi Kiss. I love the stripe down the middle which makes it a little less fancy. It also gives it another texture.

Along the edge of the ribbon I used more of the Chit Chat rub-ons. This shows you how much I have used these rub-ons and they go such a long way. If you want some of these rub-ons you better get them before the new catalog comes out.

Also, I used more of the flowers from the flower fusion set that I have. I layered the flowers and then used some of our fancy flower brads to attach the flowers to the ribbon. The brads really dressed it up and added another element to the bookmarks. These bookmarks are so simple and have so many different elements to them. It is easy to make a lot of these very quickly.

I hope you have enjoyed my idea today. I hope to continue to provide you with great, new ideas that are easy to make. I hope to use more of the Stampin' Up products so that you know what is in the catalog and what you really like before you order it. Now it is your turn to tell me what projects you hope to accomplish this year or any projects, techniques, colors, SU supplies you would like to see me feature on my blog. Leave me a comment and you will be entered into my contest to win one of these great bookmarks.

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just curious as to how well rub ons work on fabric. Never tried that. Afraid to actually!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see a "penny" card that I've heard about. I'd also like to see how a brayer is used because even though someone has explained what it's for and I've seen one in the catalog, I just don't get it!

Anonymous said...

Britni,
I would like to make another small scrapbook photo album for a gift.
I would like to see all the different sizes of albums before I decide. I would love to see more of the designer papers and scrapbook paper kits.
Love,
Mom:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, how many other ways are there to use those rub-ons? These bookmarks turned out really nice. As usual, I am up to discover how to use products I haven't tried yet. Looking forward to the next make and take!
Thanks Britni for all of your hard work to keep our hands busy!

Crystal