Friday, January 9, 2009

Two Ways

Hello Stampers. Today I am providing a way to make the same card different. I find it very easy to create cards for females. Now for those guys in our lives that is a little harder. For these cards I used the same fold and size of the stamped images, but one is for a male and the other for a female.

For the first card, I used Garden Green and Night of Navy because I wanted to use the Prestwick Designer Series Paper. Prestwick is a very masculine set of paper. I used the stamp set called Nature Silhouettes. I usually buy a stamp set for the entire set and this is one of those that I loved every stamp in this set. Check it out on page 107 of the catalog. I used my markers to colore on the stamp and then stamped it on the Naturals Ivory paper. I added a Black Brad from the Vintage Brads to the top of the card.

Now for the second card you can see that I used the same layout for this card. I used Chocolate Chip for the background and Rose Red for the Desginer Series Paper. I then used another sillouette set for this card, Inspired by Nature (check it out on page 100). This set is officially my favorite set right now! I colored the stamp with my markers then layed the paper on the stamp and rubbed it to get all the ink onto the paper. I knew it needed something else, but I wanted to keep it similar to the other card so instead of a brad I added some sparkles!!! I thought it really made the card pop. To apply the sparkles I used my Two-Way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds.

Now, I want to see what you can do with this layout. Have fun and create something fun.

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"Jesus replied, Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born again." John 3:3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I love anything that sparkles and making this card was fun. Now I know how to highlight stamped items with a glitter effect. Thanks Britni!

Crystal