Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stamping Coasters

FYI: I am on my way home today from Florida. That means if you want to get your hands on a catalog I will be more than happy to get one to you. You can also wait for my New Catalog Bash on the 31st, but if you can't wait that long please leave me a comment. We have a had a great time in Florida, but it is always good to get home. I loved having the wind on my face, though! I will post some fun pictures later this week!

Hello Stampers! With this new year I am really wanting to offer more classes and a variety of classes. I know that a person can use a lot of card, but I also know doing other projects would be nice, too. Some ideas that are going through my head: Have a class to alter composition notebooks and/or clipboards using a Simply Scrappin' Kit, Have a scrapbook class and/or do some scrapbook pages at make and takes, and another idea would be what I am featuring today!

I was privileged enough to attend my wonderful upline's make and take this month. It is always great to learn new ideas from her. She is very talented. One of the reasons I wanted to go to this make and take was so that I could learn how to stamp on tiles to make beautiful coasters. I was even more excited when I learned how easy it was to do.

The first step to stamping on coasters is to go to a hardware store and buy some tiles. Then you need your favorite stamp set and either StazOn ink or Craft Ink. Then you are able to stamp the images directly onto the tile. The good thing is that if you make a mistake you can use the StazOn cleaner to remove the image and start over again! Then once you are finished stamping, take your tiles and place them in the oven for 10 minutes to bake them. Then you need to spray them with clear sealer/paint (not real sure what it is called) so that they will not run and are nice and sealed.

Now on to my pictures. I decided to make several different designs for my coasters because I liked too many. I used my Inspired by Nature stamp set and Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, and Garden Green Craft Stampin' Spots.





I used Upsy Daisy stamp set and Perfect Plum Craft Stampin' Spot for my next coaster




Now for my last coaster you can see that I did not use all Stampin' Up stamp sets, but I still had to share it. As I stamped my coasters and thought about how I could use them I decided that Justin needed one. Georgia just happened to have a Harley stamp and an old SU motorcycle stamp set. I love how it turned out!

I hope you have enjoyed this idea. It is easy and fun! I would love to have a class that featured stamping coasters. Let me know if you would be interested in a class like that, too.

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1


3 comments:

Georgia said...

Have a safe trip Home! P.S. It's cold here!

Unknown said...

I would love to go to a coaster class. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so once again you have influenced me. I want to do a scrapbook! Lately I have taken some fun pictures that would be fun to create a book around,

I give up! It is just fun to be around you and your friends for some good fun times!

Glad to have you back, it has been lonely in the neighborhood!
Crystal