Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chipboard Journal

Well, I told you I would get one done and I did! I had some extra time over Thanksgiving break to work on some fun projects that I had been wanting to get done. This was one of those prjects.

I love these journals. I love how versatile they can be. You can use them yourself or give them as a gift. Someone could write or draw iniside it.

For the outside of this chipboard journal I first chose my paper that I wanted to use. I chose the polka dots from the Holiday Treasures Designer Series Paper. I used a small strip of that along the edge. I was then able to decide what colors to color my stamp (the flower from Inspired by Nature) in with my markers. I used Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, and Old Olive. All these colors coordinated with my paper choice. I also stamped the words in Ruby Red. Then I used my Big Shot to cut out a Top Note then I cut my Top Note in half to fit along the edge of my journal. I then cut out the letter B using Ruby Red and more of the polka dot paper. I have been wanting to use my alphabet more often and here it is. Then for a finishing touch I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole in the journal and set the Jumbo Eyelet. I then tied some Chocolate Chip ribbon so it is easy to open the journal.

I thought the outside looked really nice, but I felt like I couldn't neglect the inside. I started by stamping some flowers on some of the pages and words on other pages. By the time I was done I had stamped every page. You would want to consider who you are giving this to and decide how much stamping you want to do on the inside. This one is for me so I knew I was safe to go ahead and stamp away. This is a very easy project that doesn't require a lot of supplies. You could easily do this with some stamps and paper you already have.

As always, be creative and come up with your own ideas, too. I love to inspire and help you get those creative juices flowing.

Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Happy Creating! Britni :)

"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever, with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations." Psalm 89:1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREETINGS ON A COLD SATURDAY EVENING! LOVED SEEING THE JOURNAL IN PERSON TODAY!

CRYSTAL :)

Georgia said...

GREAT Job!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to make a journal.
Mom:)