Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Well, here he is!!! I got him done in time for Christmas. I had a deadline, that is the only way I got him done. I will have to say that this little guy was not he most fun I have had in awhile. It took me awhile to get him done. I did sew him all by hand. I think if I were to make another one I would do some of the sewing on a machine. That would help it go a little faster. A lot of it would still need to be done by hand, but that is okay.

As I was finishing the monkey, I thought he would look great with a scarf. I took some red yarn that I already had and knitted him a nice little scarf with some fringe. That way he is nice and warm for this cold Christmas day!

This monkey is for my nephew Oen. He is a little young to know what it is, but someday he will know.


I also didn't want to leave without showing you that you two can make a sock monkey, but much quicker than I did. We have a set that is actually called Sock Monkey. I love that you can color it as a traditional Sock Monkey or change it up for a different look.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy your time with your family and remember the real reason we are celebrating and giving gifts to our loved ones.

Merry Christmas! Britni :)

"So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." Luke 2:4-7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oen loved his sock monkey that Aunt Britni made for him. She put a lot of love in every stitch.
Love,
Grandma (Mom)