Sunday, December 28, 2008

Kindred Spirits

The name alone sold me on this stamp set. Has anyone read "Anne of Green Gables?" Anne always talked about her Kindred Spirit. The name of this set was wonderful and the second part of the set is that it had a sympathy stamp. you can see in my picture that I used the sympathy words. The other words are Kindred Spirit.

For this card I wanted to keep it simple. I layered many colors. I started with Elegant Eggplant, then Always Artichoke, and then the Very Vanilla which I stamped the beautiful branch with purple buds. I used my markers to color in the stem and the buds. I then used the Always Artichoke to stamp the message. For the ribbon I tied a little bit of Very Vanilla Grosgrain around the entire card and then I added a small piece of Natural Twine to give it more of a nature feel.

I hope you have enjoyed this card. It is a beautiful and easy to make card.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Celebration. I had a wonderful time with family spending time chatting, eating, and playing games. Oh yeah...I did get some really great gifts, too. My nephew seemed to love his sock monkey and by the end of the day he was giving him lots of hugs!

Happy Stamping! Britni :)

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this stamp set too.
Can we make some Sympathy cards at Card Club??
Love,
Mom:)